Since 2017, ZERO TO THREE has been connecting families with infants and toddlers directly with their Members of Congress.
This June, families from all 50 states and D.C. will join us on Capitol Hill to meet with their representatives and provide firsthand insight into what it’s like raising a young child. Parents, professional and advocates are invited to join in virtually by showing their support for our Strolling Thunder™ families and taking action through ThinkBabies on June 21 and engaging with #StrollingThunder on social media.
Strolling Thunder™ is a cornerstone of our Think Babies campaign, a national movement and a call to action for policymakers to prioritize the needs of infants, toddlers, and their families and to invest in our nation’s future. Federal priorities include:
- Increasing access to high-quality, affordable child care;
- Creating a national paid family and medical leave program;
- Increasing investments in Early Head Start so that more families living in poverty can benefit from the program’s comprehensive services;
- Increasing support for infant and early childhood mental health services;
- Providing support to transform the child welfare system; and
- Making the expanded Child Tax Credit permanent to increase families’ economic security.