In this interactive webinar, National Fatherhood Initiative® (NF) President Christopher Brown will discuss how to engage fathers in a child welfare setting. He will draw upon NFI’s experience working in child welfare to share a five-step process that any child welfare organization can implement to engage fathers effectively. He will share practical tips that child welfare professionals can use immediately to engage dads. He will also share resources from NFI and other sources that professionals can use in the vital work of improving child well-being. While the presentation will focus on engaging nonresident fathers, what Chris will share can also help with engaging resident fathers.
• Participants will learn why dads are vital to child well-being
• Participants will learn how to engage nonresident dads in a child welfare agency/context
• Participants will learn how nonresident dads can self-advocate, and how caring others can advocate for them
• Participants will learn about National Fatherhood Initiative® resources for engaging dads
• Participants will learn about non-NFI resources for engaging dads
September 16, 2022
This program is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $19,581,161 with 0 percent financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.