Brian A. Napack
Brian Napack is Senior Advisor at Providence Equity, a private equity firm specializing in media, education, information, and communications. Mr. Napack is Secretary and Treasurer of ZERO TO THREE's Board.
Contributions to the Field
Mr. Napack has a broad background as an executive and entrepreneur in education and consumer media. He served as President of Macmillan in the US from 2006 through 2012, overseeing businesses in consumer book publishing, education, magazines, and digital media. During his tenure, he led Macmillan’s successful transition from print to digital and from traditional to new business models. Mr. Napack also served as Chairman of Scientific American.
Prior to Macmillan, Mr. Napack was a partner at L.E.K. Consulting where he was a leader of its media practice and its publishing practice. Mr. Napack was the founder and CEO of ThinkBox, a digital education company. At The Walt Disney Company, he was a co-founder of Disney Interactive and founded Disney Educational Publishing. Earlier, he held senior roles at Simon & Schuster, the diversified publishing company.
- Chairman, Burning Glass, a big data and analytics company focused on the labor market
- Vice Chairman, Blackboard Inc., a global educational software company
- Board of Directors, Ascend Learning, a leading education company serving healthcare, wellness and vocational training
- Board of Directors, Ingram Industries, a diversified company with holdings in markets including publishing and education
- Board of Directors, Recorded Books, a leading publisher of audio books and distributor of digital content to retail and library markets