Supporting the Development of Infants and Toddlers in the Child Welfare System: A Call to Action
This webinar described key strategies that should be part of a comprehensive state system of supports for young children’s mental health.
The webinar highlighted a recent National Center for Children in Poverty publication, Building Strong Systems of Support for Young Children’s Mental Health. Representatives from New York and Colorado shared examples of how they have used a planning tool to assess their states’ early childhood mental health supports and prioritize enhancements. Work by ZERO TO THREE on financing of infant-toddler mental health services was also described.
Download materials from the webinar, including presentations and related resources.
- Presenter Biographies
- Chapin Hall Issue Brief: Who Are the Infants in Out-of-Home Care? An Epidemiological and Developmental Snapshot
- Allied for Better Outcomes: Child Welfare and Early Childhood
- Resource List for Huddleston Presentation
- Supporting the Development of Infants and Toddlers in the Child Welfare System: A Call to Action
- Infants in the Child Welfare System: Implications for Brain Development
- Infants in Out of Home Care
- Hope Through Action
- Improving the Lives of Infants and Toddlers in Foster Care
You might also be interested in
While much attention was on the national stage in November 2020, important movement for babies and their families was also occurring via state and community ballot initiatives across the country.
As states across the nation make difficult decisions about how to move forward, the outlook is grim. Without the federal aid mentioned above, the hits to state budgets will be severe and long lasting…
On September 28th, the House Democrats released an updated version of the Health and Economic Recovery Omnibus Emergency Solutions (HEROES) Act which includes many critical supports for families. The…
ZERO TO THREE congratulates the University of Texas at Austin on this week’s inaugural convening of the National Prenatal-to-3 (PN-3) Research to Policy Summit: Building a State Policy Roadmap to St…
On July 27th, the Senate Majority introduced a package of legislation under the umbrella of the Health, Economic Assistance, Liability Protection and Schools (HEALS) Act that would provide $1 trillio…