About P-5 Cross-Sector Core Competencies Training
The P-5 Cross-Sector Core Competencies identify the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed for the professionals working with the Prenatal-to-age-5 population.
The ZERO TO THREE Western Office partnered with First 5 LA to develop the Prenatal to Age 5 Workforce Development (P-5 WFD) Project in response to the need for cross-sector coordination of services for the P-5 population. The P-5 WFD Project developed the P-5 Cross-Sector Core Competencies that identify the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed for the professionals working with the P-5 population. The cross-sector core competencies hone in on eight core competency domains essential for all professionals in the P-5 field.
These domains are:
- Early Childhood Development
- Family-Centered Practice
- Relationship-Based Practice
- Health and Development Risk and Protective Factors
- Cultural and Linguistic Responsiveness
- Leadership to Meet Family Needs and Improve Services and Systems
- Professional and Ethical Practices
- Service Planning, Coordination, and Collaboration
The P-5 Cross-Sector Core Competencies Training is designed to bring these competencies directly to professionals serving the P-5 population, in order to enhance capacity for coordinated, collaborative service delivery.
The P-5 Core Competencies Training includes:
- 8 advanced-level online lessons
- interaction, reflection, and peer feedback through the discussion forum
- community-of-practice sessions to help support the implementation of new knowledge, skills, and strategies, and
- the opportunity to extend learning through optional fieldwork suggested within each lesson.
Email us to learn more about the Prenatal to Age 5 (P-5) Cross-Sector Core Competency Training.
Special thanks to:
- JP Leong, Instructional Design Consultant
- Eric Vaughn, ZERO TO THREE, Digital Marketing Manager, Development & Communications
- Nikki Darling-Kuria, ZERO TO THREE, Senior Writer-Training Specialist, Center for Training Services
- Jenifer Chacon, MSW Candidate USC School of Social Work and Program Associate, ZERO TO THREE, Western Office
- Elizabeth Salazar, Program Assistant, ZERO TO THREE Western Office
- Dan Silk, Web Development Consultant
- 5:00 Films and Media