Join thousands of colleagues from around the world this October.
Be connected, inspired, and prepared as we navigate change together.View Schedule & Register Today
ZERO TO THREE Competencies for Prenatal to Age 5 Professionals Training
The ZERO TO THREE Competencies for Prenatal to Age 5 Professionals Training (P-5 Competencies) identify the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed for the professionals working with the prenatal-to-age-5 population.
The ZERO TO THREE Western Office partnered with First 5 LA to develop the Prenatal to Age 5 Workforce Development (P-5 WFD) Project in response to the need for cross-sector coordination of services for the P-5 population. The P-5 WFD Project developed the P-5 Cross-Sector Core Competencies that identify the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed for the professionals working with the P-5 population. The P-5 Competencies hone in on eight core competency domains essential for all professionals in the P-5 field.
These domains are:
- Early Childhood Development
- Family-Centered Practice
- Relationship-Based Practice
- Health and Development Risk and Protective Factors
- Cultural and Linguistic Responsiveness
- Leadership to Meet Family Needs and Improve Services and Systems
- Professional and Ethical Practices
- Service Planning, Coordination, and Collaboration
The P-5 Competencies Training is designed to bring these competencies directly to professionals serving the P-5 population, in order to enhance capacity for coordinated, collaborative service delivery.
The P-5 Competencies online training includes:
- 8 advanced-level online lessons
- interaction, reflection, and peer feedback through the discussion forum
- community-of-practice sessions to help support the implementation of new knowledge, skills, and strategies, and
- the opportunity to extend learning through optional fieldwork suggested within each lesson.
We also offer expert consultation on the P-5 Competencies. Please contact us to find out more.
Learn more about P-5 Competencies Training.
Special thanks to:
- JP Leong, Instructional Design Consultant
- Eric Vaughn, ZERO TO THREE, Digital Marketing Manager, Communications
- Nikki Darling-Kuria, ZERO TO THREE, Senior Manager, Professional Development and Workforce Innovations
- Jenifer Chacon, MSw ZERO TO THREE Western Office, Senior Writer and Training Specialist
- Elizabeth Salazar, ZERO TO THREE Western Office, Program Assistant
- Dan Silk, Web Development Consultant
- 5:00 Films and Media