Strolling Thunder Is Back – and Virtual!
Do you know a family who wants to turn their Members of Congress into champions for babies?
Then we need your help! Interest forms are due on March 5.Learn More
ZERO TO THREE Competencies for Prenatal to Age 5 Professionals Training
The ZERO TO THREE Competencies for Prenatal to Age 5 Professionals Training (P-5 Competencies) identify the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed for the professionals working with the prenatal-to-age-5 population.
The ZERO TO THREE Western Office partnered with First 5 LA to develop the Prenatal to Age 5 Workforce Development (P-5 WFD) Project in response to the need for cross-sector coordination of services for the P-5 population. The P-5 WFD Project developed the P-5 Cross-Sector Core Competencies that identify the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed for the professionals working with the P-5 population. The P-5 Competencies hone in on eight core competency domains essential for all professionals in the P-5 field.
These domains are:
- Early Childhood Development
- Family-Centered Practice
- Relationship-Based Practice
- Health and Development Risk and Protective Factors
- Cultural and Linguistic Responsiveness
- Leadership to Meet Family Needs and Improve Services and Systems
- Professional and Ethical Practices
- Service Planning, Coordination, and Collaboration
The P-5 Competencies Training is designed to bring these competencies directly to professionals serving the P-5 population, in order to enhance capacity for coordinated, collaborative service delivery.
The P-5 Competencies online training includes:
- 8 advanced-level online lessons
- interaction, reflection, and peer feedback through the discussion forum
- community-of-practice sessions to help support the implementation of new knowledge, skills, and strategies, and
- the opportunity to extend learning through optional fieldwork suggested within each lesson.
We also offer expert consultation on the P-5 Competencies. Please contact us to find out more.
Learn more about P-5 Competencies Training.
Special thanks to:
- JP Leong, Instructional Design Consultant
- Eric Vaughn, ZERO TO THREE, Digital Marketing Manager, Communications
- Nikki Darling-Kuria, ZERO TO THREE, Senior Manager, Professional Development and Workforce Innovations
- Jenifer Chacon, MSw ZERO TO THREE Western Office, Senior Writer and Training Specialist
- Elizabeth Salazar, ZERO TO THREE Western Office, Program Assistant
- Dan Silk, Web Development Consultant
- 5:00 Films and Media