Everyday Fun With Technology and Engineering: Let’s Talk About STEM Video
Watch to see how an understanding of engineering and technology develops from birth to 5 years old.
Engineering and technology skill sets emerge as children explore:
- Solving the problems they encounter in their world (and making their own problems to solve!);
- Combining objects in new ways—stacking, lining up, nesting inside, and more;
- Testing how things work, like pressing buttons on the television remote;
- Changing part of a system, like the height of a ramp, and making predictions about what will happen; and
- Using information about what works and doesn’t work to improve their creations.
Download a handout with activities designed to support young children’s growing pattern awareness from birth to 5.
More Available In Our Bookstore!
The Special Edition of the Magic of Everyday Moments now includes STEM videos. Purchase the full-set on DVD or as a digital download in our bookstore.