DC:0–5™ Faculty Teaching Resource
This training resource is designed for college/university and Infant/Early Childhood Mental Health (IECMH) certificate program faculty to use in classroom coursework (i.e., early childhood mental health, disorders of childhood, assessment and diagnosis, etc.).
The teaching resource consists of a digital Faculty Guide and a PowerPoint slide set with notes outlining key information about the necessity for a developmentally sensitive, relationship based and contextually driven diagnostic classification system for infancy and early childhood and detailing key content of DC:0-5.
The content of the Faculty Teaching Resource includes six modules:
- History and development of DC:0-5
- Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health
- DC:0-5 Approach to Diagnostic Formulation
- The Multiaxial Approach- review of Axis III (Physical Conditions and Considerations), Axis IV (Psychosocial Stressors), Axis V (Developmental Competence) and Cultural Context
- Axis II- Relational Context
- Axis I- Clinical Disorders
The accompanying Faculty Guide provides background for each module along with suggested discussion points and activities for classroom instruction.
This resource can ONLY be purchased by higher education faculty for use in classroom instruction. Purchasers must submit their qualifications prior to purchase. Please complete our request form in order to facilitate approval.
This resource can ONLY be purchased by higher education faculty for use in classroom instruction. Please complete our request form in order to facilitate approval.
Read more about: