Internships at ZERO TO THREE
We seek motivated and engaged team players that are driven to help us achieve our mission and vision.
In this resource
The ZERO TO THREE Experience
ZERO TO THREE offers internships for a variety of backgrounds and disciplines. If you major in Business Administration, Human Services, Early Childhood Education, Communications, Marketing, Political Science, or Psychology, there is an opportunity for you at ZERO TO THREE! Interns have access to:
- Orientation to ZERO TO THREE
- Monthly transportation subsidy
- Opportunities to connect with other interns
- Flexible work schedules in a business casual environment
- An atmosphere that encourages fun and teamwork
- Lunch and Learns
- And more!
ZERO TO THREE plays a key role in ensuring that babies and toddlers get a strong start in life by supporting:
- Parents with practical resources that help them connect more positively, deeply and continuously with their babies
- Professionals with knowledge and tools that help them support healthy early development
- Policymakers in advancing comprehensive and coherent policies that support and strengthen families, caregivers and infant - toddler professionals.
Our mission is to ensure that all babies and toddlers have a strong start in life. At ZERO TO THREE, we envision a society that has the knowledge and will to support all infants and toddlers in reaching their full potential.
Details and Qualifications
- We offer Part-time and Full-time internships in the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters
- Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program
- Students should only apply to positions for which they meet the criteria
- Apply to position visit the positions currently available
- Don’t see a position that fits your needs, send us your resume by completing the application form at the end of this page.
Moira Pyhala, Text4Teachers Intern – Summer 2017
“Working at ZERO TO THREE gave me the knowledge I need to pursue my professional goals and amplified my passion for helping others. I am fortunate to have been able to work with such a driven and goal oriented team that shaped who I am as a young professional today.”
Sogigie Sherfa, Development Intern – Summer 2017
“My time with ZERO TO THREE has been one of the most rewarding experiences I’ve ever had! I received first-hand knowledge about what it means to work in the nonprofit sector and was given the opportunity to delve into some of that work. Additionally, I gained invaluable professional skills that I can take with me anywhere I go. Every work experience brings something new to a work portfolio; however, the work I’ve done for ZERO TO THREE and the relationships I’ve made with supervisors and coworkers make this summer internship absolutely invaluable.“
Eunice Roh, Policy & Advocacy Intern – Summer 2017
“My internship with the ZERO TO THREE Policy Center gave me great insight into non-profit advocacy, especially in infant and toddler issues. My supervisor supported me in pursuing projects that mattered most to me. I am grateful for the experience, as it clarified for me the paths I would like to take in children policy and advocacy in the future.”
Our location is at 1255 23rd Street NW, Washington DC, 20037. We are walking distance of the Foggy Bottom GWU Metro Station Blue, Orange and Silver lines and the DuPont Circle Metro Station on the Red line.
Submit Your Information
Current internship opportunities are listed on our career page. If you don’t see a current internship opportunity that fits your needs, complete the following form below and include your resume. We’ll reach out to you as related internship opportunities become available.