Join thousands of colleagues from around the world this October.
Be connected, inspired, and prepared as we navigate change together.View Schedule & Register Today
Including Infants and Toddlers in Preschool Development Grant Birth-Five (PDG B-5) Resource List
The PDG B-5 offers an opportunity for states to improve families’ access to high-quality, affordable early childhood care and education that will support their infants’ and toddlers’ healthy brain development.
We know from science that how we think, learn, communicate, concentrate, problem-solve, and relate to others when we get to school and later in our lives depends in large part on the experiences we have and the skills we develop during the earliest days, months, and years. For this reason, ZERO TO THREE strongly urges states to emphasize the importance of supporting early learning beginning from birth as they plan and implement PDG B-5 strategic plans.
This annotated resource list provides links to briefs, tools, and videos that go into detail about how the strategies outlined in the PDG B-5 tool, Preschool Development Grant Birth-Five (PDG B-5) Offers A New Opportunity to Support Babies and Toddlers: A Tool to Intentionally Include Infants and Toddlers in PDG B-5, can be implemented. Resources are organized into the following five areas:
- Needs assessment and strategic planning (PDG B-5 activities 1 and 2)
- Maximizing parental choice and involvement in the ECCE mixed delivery system (PDG B-5 activity 3)
- Strengthening collaboration and coordination of existing B-5 ECCE programs (PDG B-5 activities 4 and 5)
- Expanding access to and improving quality of B-5 ECCE programs (PDG B-5 activity 5)
- Strengthening the B-5 ECCE workforce (PDG B-5 activity 5)