Tweet Week for Emotional Development: Tools for Our Network
Join us in making a big noise on Twitter for healthy emotional development!
In this resource
From November 26-30, ZERO TO THREE and partners will highlight the central role of healthy emotional development in the growth and wellness of babies – and the need for policies that safeguard and nurture it.
Below is a schedule of the focus for each day, as well as graphics and posts you can use to join the conversation. Use the graphics and sample tweets below to share your own posts!
Monday: Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health
• Babies who feel loved, comforted, & have the freedom to play are better able to trust, relate, communicate, & learn. www.zerotothree.org/emotionaldevelopment #EmotionalDevelopment #ThinkBabies
• There are many opportunities to promote #emotionaldevelopment in #babies, to prevent emotional disturbances from taking root, & to treat mental health problems before they can become more severe problems later. #ThinkBabies
• (Insert your answer: How does supporting early healthy #emotionaldevelopment give babies a strong start in life?) #ThinkBabies
Tuesday: Evidence-based Home Visiting
• #HomeVisiting is a proven strategy to support parents in nurturing their babies. #HomeVisitingWorks! www.zerotothree.org/emotionaldevelopment #EmotionalDevelopment #ThinkBabies
• (Insert your answer: How does supporting #HomeVisiting support babies’ healthy #emotionaldevelopment?) #ThinkBabies
Wednesday: Child Care
• Quality #childcare nurtures the healthy #emotionaldevelopment babies need for future learning & success. https://www.zerotothree.org/emotionaldevelopment #ThinkBabies
• (Insert your answer: How does supporting quality #childcare support babies’ healthy #emotionaldevelopment?) #ThinkBabies
Thursday: Paid Leave
• #PaidLeave allows time for parents to care for their babies when their babies need them most, without jeopardizing their financial stability. https://www.zerotothree.org/emotionaldevelopment #ThinkBabies
• (Insert your answer: How does supporting #paidleave support babies’ healthy #emotionaldevelopment?) #ThinkBabies
Friday: Healthy Nutrition
• Time spent feeding a baby nurtures their physical & #emotionaldevelopment. https://www.zerotothree.org/emotionaldevelopment #ThinkBabies #Nutrition
• (Insert your answer: How does supporting healthy #nutrition support babies’ healthy #emotionaldevelopment?) #ThinkBabies
You might also be interested in
The Virginia General Assembly closed last month with lots of good news for babies and families.
To keep child care doors open and provide stability for families, the County of San Francisco/San Francisco Office of Early Care & Education Renovation and Repair Grant Program was expanded to suppor…
New York Governor Andrew M. Cuomo announced a proposal to establish the New York State Cares + Baby2Baby Diaper Bank.
In February 2021, First Lady of New Jersey, Tammy Murphy, and the New Jersey Department of Human Services announced multiple new Medicaid initiatives for mothers and their babies.
In March 2021, Illinois Governor, JB Pritzker, signed a historic legislative package designed to eliminate sources of systemic racism and advance more equitable practices in multiple areas of the sta…
The federal American Rescue Plan Act provides critical and unprecedented opportunities for states to support infants and toddlers and their families.