Tweet Week for Emotional Development: Tools for Our Network
Join us in making a big noise on Twitter for healthy emotional development!
In this resource
From November 26-30, ZERO TO THREE and partners will highlight the central role of healthy emotional development in the growth and wellness of babies – and the need for policies that safeguard and nurture it.
Below is a schedule of the focus for each day, as well as graphics and posts you can use to join the conversation. Use the graphics and sample tweets below to share your own posts!
Monday: Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health
• Babies who feel loved, comforted, & have the freedom to play are better able to trust, relate, communicate, & learn. www.zerotothree.org/emotionaldevelopment #EmotionalDevelopment #ThinkBabies
• There are many opportunities to promote #emotionaldevelopment in #babies, to prevent emotional disturbances from taking root, & to treat mental health problems before they can become more severe problems later. #ThinkBabies
• (Insert your answer: How does supporting early healthy #emotionaldevelopment give babies a strong start in life?) #ThinkBabies
Tuesday: Evidence-based Home Visiting
• #HomeVisiting is a proven strategy to support parents in nurturing their babies. #HomeVisitingWorks! www.zerotothree.org/emotionaldevelopment #EmotionalDevelopment #ThinkBabies
• (Insert your answer: How does supporting #HomeVisiting support babies’ healthy #emotionaldevelopment?) #ThinkBabies
Wednesday: Child Care
• Quality #childcare nurtures the healthy #emotionaldevelopment babies need for future learning & success. https://www.zerotothree.org/emotionaldevelopment #ThinkBabies
• (Insert your answer: How does supporting quality #childcare support babies’ healthy #emotionaldevelopment?) #ThinkBabies
Thursday: Paid Leave
• #PaidLeave allows time for parents to care for their babies when their babies need them most, without jeopardizing their financial stability. https://www.zerotothree.org/emotionaldevelopment #ThinkBabies
• (Insert your answer: How does supporting #paidleave support babies’ healthy #emotionaldevelopment?) #ThinkBabies
Friday: Healthy Nutrition
• Time spent feeding a baby nurtures their physical & #emotionaldevelopment. https://www.zerotothree.org/emotionaldevelopment #ThinkBabies #Nutrition
• (Insert your answer: How does supporting healthy #nutrition support babies’ healthy #emotionaldevelopment?) #ThinkBabies
You might also be interested in
The 2021 Louisiana Legislative Session adjourned in June with several exciting wins for babies and families across early childhood sectors.
Governor Phil Scott signed H.171, setting a firm foundation for transformative change in the state’s early learning system.
The state’s recipe for ensuring that family child care providers are receiving individualized supports at every stage of their careers is helping to stabilize the field and meet the needs of children…
This January, Missouri Governor Mike Parson, along with the Missouri Departments of Elementary and Secondary Education, Health and Senior Services, and Social Services, announced a new state Office o…