Choose your learning experience!
Two unique opportunities to learn and grow with our LEARN Signature Events.Compare Options
Tweet Week for Emotional Development: Tools for Our Network
Join us in making a big noise on Twitter for healthy emotional development!
In this resource
From November 26-30, ZERO TO THREE and partners will highlight the central role of healthy emotional development in the growth and wellness of babies – and the need for policies that safeguard and nurture it.
Below is a schedule of the focus for each day, as well as graphics and posts you can use to join the conversation. Use the graphics and sample tweets below to share your own posts!
Monday: Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health
• Babies who feel loved, comforted, & have the freedom to play are better able to trust, relate, communicate, & learn. www.zerotothree.org/emotionaldevelopment #EmotionalDevelopment #ThinkBabies
• There are many opportunities to promote #emotionaldevelopment in #babies, to prevent emotional disturbances from taking root, & to treat mental health problems before they can become more severe problems later. #ThinkBabies
• (Insert your answer: How does supporting early healthy #emotionaldevelopment give babies a strong start in life?) #ThinkBabies
Tuesday: Evidence-based Home Visiting
• #HomeVisiting is a proven strategy to support parents in nurturing their babies. #HomeVisitingWorks! www.zerotothree.org/emotionaldevelopment #EmotionalDevelopment #ThinkBabies
• (Insert your answer: How does supporting #HomeVisiting support babies’ healthy #emotionaldevelopment?) #ThinkBabies
Wednesday: Child Care
• Quality #childcare nurtures the healthy #emotionaldevelopment babies need for future learning & success. https://www.zerotothree.org/emotionaldevelopment #ThinkBabies
• (Insert your answer: How does supporting quality #childcare support babies’ healthy #emotionaldevelopment?) #ThinkBabies
Thursday: Paid Leave
• #PaidLeave allows time for parents to care for their babies when their babies need them most, without jeopardizing their financial stability. https://www.zerotothree.org/emotionaldevelopment #ThinkBabies
• (Insert your answer: How does supporting #paidleave support babies’ healthy #emotionaldevelopment?) #ThinkBabies
Friday: Healthy Nutrition
• Time spent feeding a baby nurtures their physical & #emotionaldevelopment. https://www.zerotothree.org/emotionaldevelopment #ThinkBabies #Nutrition
• (Insert your answer: How does supporting healthy #nutrition support babies’ healthy #emotionaldevelopment?) #ThinkBabies
You might also be interested in
The perinatal period represents a unique window of opportunity in the brains of both the parent and the newborn.
In June 2021 New Jersey passed S690 which will provide all New Jersey residents access to at least one, and up to three, post-partum home visits by a specially trained registered nurse for the parent…
In April 2021, Alabama passed The Education Trust Fund budget SB 189, which included many increases in funding for programs serving children and families.
In 2021 Minnesota passed HF 2128, an omnibus health and human services finance bill that included $4.5 million in state funds to significantly expand voluntary home visiting for pregnant people and f…
Recently, ZERO TO THREE convened a small group to discuss ways in which state advocates are engaging to support families through the national formula supply crisis. We were joined by advocates from C…
In 2019 Delaware passed Senate Concurrent Resolution 50 (SCR 50) requiring the Department of Health and Social Services – in collaboration with the Department of Education and Delaware Home Visiting …