RSVP for the State of Babies Summit 2021
Get the data. Hear from experts. Join the conversation. Take action.
April 22, 2021 | 2pm ETCOUNT ME IN
Cross Sites 2016
Cross Sites Meeting 2016: Making Every Connection Matter
The ZERO TO THREE Safe Babies Court Teams, in conjunction with The Quality Improvement Center for Research-Based Infant-Toddler Court Teams (QIC-CT), hosted our 10th Annual Cross Sites Meeting Making Every Connection Matter from October 19-21, 2016 in Orlando, Florida.
Beginning in 2005, the Safe Babies Court Teams Project has hosted an annual meeting at one of our infant-toddler court team sites for child welfare professionals, judges, court personnel, service providers, community coordinators, and other stakeholders. The QIC-CT and SBCT Cross Sites Meeting provides a national learning community to share ideas and innovative approaches, learn about the latest scientific practices in the field, and discuss child welfare policies and practices for infants and toddlers and their families in the child welfare system.
The following resources include presentations and relevant materials for the Cross Sites 2016 Meeting: Making Every Connection Matter. Click here to view the 2016 Cross Sites Meeting Agenda. Click here to learn more about the speakers at 2016 Cross Sites.
Day One Sessions: Wednesday, October 19th
Practice Plenary: Violence and Trauma in the Lives of Young Children
- For relevant resources, please visit our webpage on Trauma-Informed Child and Family Service Systems
- Presentation by Betsy McAlister Groves
Walking The Walk: Self-Care In The Face Of Compassion Fatigue And Vicarious Trauma
How to Avoid Burnout? Write to ignite Compassion Satisifaction!
Building A Trauma-Informed System For Families
- Creating Trauma-Informed Provider Organizations
- Trauma-Informed Organizational Self-Assessment For Child Abuse Prevention Agencies
Day Two Sessions: Thursday, October 20th
Practice Plenary: Helping Babies and Families From the Bench
- Informed Compassion: The Safe Babies Court Team Approach to Serving Infants, Toddlers, and their Families in Dependency Cases
- For other relevant resources, please visit our webpage on Court Practices
- The 2-4-2 Book Project
Trauma Informed Courtrooms
- Presentation by Judge Lynn Tepper and Sarah Ray
Supporting Parents: Special Issues Related To Substance Abuse And Mental Health
- Presentation by Neil Boris
Concurrent Planning: A Child’s Tomorrow Begins At Day One
- Concurrent Planning Presentation by Judge Constance Cohen and Judy Norris
- Concurrent Planning Scripts
Successful Collaboration and Data-Driven Action Planning for Sustainability
- Action Planning for Sustainability Presentation by Alex Citrin and Juanita Gallion, Center for the Study of Social Policy
- Sustaining New Approaches in Child Welfare: A Framework for Sustainability for Research-Based Infant-Toddler Court Teams
- For other relevant resources, please visit our webpage on Sustainability for Infant-Toddler Court Teams
Whats Next: Opportunities And Challenges After Launching A Safe Babies Court Team
- Presentation by Lucy Hudson and Darneshia Bell
Strategies In Infant Mental Health
Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders: What Should We Do And When Should We Do It?
- Changing Behavior
- FASD- A Guide For Pediatricians and Mental Health Providers
- Neurocognitive Impairments and Prenatal Alcohol Exposure
Day Three Sessions: Friday, October 21st
Respecting and Honoring Family Strengths
- Presentation by Marva Lewis
Screenings and Assessments for Young Children and Parents
- Selecting Evidence-Based and Evidence-Informed Infant and Toddler Screenings and Assessments Presentation by Mindy Kronenberg and Kim Diamond-Berry
- What To Look For In Relationships
Cross Sites Meeting 2015: Supporting Families through Collaborative Community Efforts
Cross Sites Meeting 2017: Be The Bridge: Nurture The Present, Build The Future
Cross Sites Meeting 2018: A Healing Community: Collaboratively Supporting Individual, Family and Professional Relationships