Strolling Thunder 2021
Babies from all 50 states and DC have a message to deliver to Congress:
Push babies to the top of your priority list!Join the virtual rally on May 17
Webinar: What’s in the American Rescue Plan Act for Infants, Toddlers, and their Families?
The federal American Rescue Plan Act provides critical and unprecedented opportunities for states to support infants and toddlers and their families.
In this resource
This webinar, hosted by the ZERO TO THREE Policy Center and Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP), explored opportunities to support babies and their families in the American Rescue Plan Act using the Building Strong Foundations Framework co-developed by the two organizations as a frame. Two panels were featured. The first gave a high-level overview of specific funding increases and policy options included in the Act. The second included state leaders who shared what they are most excited about in the Act and how their infant-toddler policy and advocacy priorities will advance equity.
Speakers and Panelists
Overview of Building Strong Foundations for Families Framework
- Jamie Colvard, Director of State Policy, ZERO TO THREE
Opportunities to Support Infants, Toddlers and their Families in the American Rescue Plan Act Panel:
- Christine Johnson-Staub, Senior Policy Analyst, CLASP
- Dr. Lee Johnson III, Senior Policy Analyst ZERO TO THREE
- Patty Cole, Senior Director of Federal Policy, ZERO TO THREE
- Ashley Burnside, Policy Analyst, CLASP
- Moderator: Tiffany Ferrette, Policy Analyst, CLASP
- Aisha Ellis, Program Manager of the Governor’s Children’s Cabinet, Minnesota Management and Budget Office, Office of Governor Tim Walz and Lieutenant Governor Peggy Flanagan
- Michele Rivest, Senior Campaign Director, Think Babies NC Alliance/NC Early Education Coalition
- Jacob Vigil, Research and Policy Analyst, New Mexico Voices for Children, New Mexico
- Becca Ullrich, Coordinator, Early Childhood Policy and Planning, Department of Education, Virginia
You might also be interested in
On December 27th, the President signed into law the Consolidated Appropriations Act that included a COVID-19 relief package in addition to final FY2021 appropriations and tax measures. The Act includ…