The Administrative Coordinator supports the various development activities of the organization, including oversight of the fundraising database system.
The position includes entering, updating, and analyzing data; producing reports to meet critical fund development needs; and coordinating and executing mass mailing activities including solicitation, response and follow up activities. As a member of the Development and Communications Team, the Administrative Coordinator will also support com munications activities, as needed.
- Department: Development
- FLSA Category: Non-Exempt
- FTE: 1.0 Full-time
- Reports To: Chief Development and Communications Officer
- Work Location: Washington, DC
- Posting Date: January 27, 2016
- Updates the fundraising database for all transactions regarding current and prospective donors.
- Maintains donor data, folders, and financial history in database, and creates and produces reports.
- Produces timely donor acknowledgement letters.
- Generates lists used for mass donor mailings and completes mail merge, printing, stuffing, and mailing of letters
- Serves as front-line support for development-related data for the website, including reporting, and on-line giving activities.
- Ensures prompt and meaningful communication with donors by coordinating and executing mass mailing activities and administrative tasks (e.g. donor newsletters, fall/year-end and off-cycle appeals), as well as sending customized correspondence.
- Provides analysis of fundraising appeals
- Reconciles records of donation data with finance department records, and provides reports on donations and pledges as requested.
- Creates, organizes, and maintains hard copy donor files.
- Assists with logistics and materials for donor cultivation events
- Works with Labyrinth to ensure all state charitable registrations are current.
- Writes occasional articles for the donor newsletter, The Growth Chart, and other publications
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as needed and supports the Chief Development Officer on administrative tasks, as requested.
- Schedules, prepares materials for, and takes minutes at internal team meetings.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of database experience; experience with fundraising databases, a plus. SalesForce experience is a plus.
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Technical aptitude and a proficiency in the internet and in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access;
- Must be flexible and a fast learner, have the ability to follow through, and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent.
Submit your Cover Letter with Salary History and Resume at the following link