P-5 Cross-Sector Core Competencies Training
ZERO TO THREE's P-5 Cross-Sector Core Competencies Training is designed to help move the field toward a cross-sector approach to service delivery.
For too long the early childhood service delivery system has operated in discipline- and sector-specific silos. This arrangement allows for specialization but functions as if the needs of expectant parents, young children, and their families are separable and one-dimensional. Research, clinical experience, and families themselves tell us otherwise. To be most effective, the early childhood system needs to be coordinated, collaborative, and comprehensive. This emerging model is best able to match the complex, interrelated needs and goals that the prenatal to age 5 (P-5) population brings to the doors of its service providers.
- builds shared knowledge, skills, and attitudes across the service sectors working with the P-5 population;
- strengthens relationships among and between professionals;
- shifts participants’ focus from discipline- and sector-specific to cross-sector and collaborative;
- articulates shared common core competencies needed to effectively serve the P-5 population; and
- provides clear examples and practical strategies for advocacy and leadership to improve the early childhood service system.
The P-5 Cross-Sector Core Competencies identify the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed for the professionals working with the Prenatal-to-age-5 population.
The ZERO TO THREE Western Office is piloting the Prenatal to Age 5 (P-5) Cross-Sector Core Competencies Training. The training allows participants to enhance their competencies for collaborating with…
The Prenatal to Age 5 Project brought together leaders and practitioners from five service sectors that focus on children prenatally to age 5 and their families. Their charge: to identify core compet…
Tools and Resources
Learn how cross-sector competency-based training supports diverse early childhood professionals in coordinating and collaborating on behalf of young children and their families.
View our infographic to explore how our P-5 Cross-Sector Core Competencies Training supports P-5 professionals.