The Time is Now
Our mission is more important than ever.
Millions of babies are at risk of carrying the pandemic’s devastating imprint throughout their lives.
We need your support now more than ever to ensure all babies have access to the quality care, services and support they need to thrive.Give Today
Research and Resilience
The purpose of *Research and Resilience* is to promote a research agenda that specifically addresses the needs and interests of military families and their infants and toddlers. This report is designed to promote continued interest about the effects of military life can have on early childhood health and development.
On March 24 and 25, 2011, an interdisciplinary expert workgroup was convened at the ZERO TO THREE headquarters in Washington, DC. The purpose of the meeting was the following:
- Explore research questions that would generate information and knowledge relevant to military families and their very young children.
- Share current or recent studies that addressed military family and early childhood issues.
- Discuss useful methodologies for addressing identified research questions.
- Address ethical issues in relation to facilitating research on behalf of military families and their very young children.
- Explore cultural sensitivity in relation to approaching the targeted research.
- Share challenges, as well as strategies, to facilitate the research.
The discussions in these meetings informed the development of written materials designed to promote continued interest in generating knowledge about the effects that circumstances of military life can have on early childhood health and development. The outcomes of the Research and Resilience meetings will generate synergy and enthusiasm around the advancement of research on behalf of military families and their infants and toddlers.
Read more about: