Infant and Toddler Curriculum and Individualization
This module familiarizes child care consultants with the concepts of curriculum and individualization as a means of promoting infant/toddler development.
Upon completion of this module, child care consultants will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by “curriculum” for infants and toddlers.
- Describe distinctions between curriculum for infants and toddlers and curriculum for older children.
- Describe the aspects of early care and education that are a part of an infant/toddler curriculum.
- Define what is meant by developmentally appropriate curricula for infants and toddlers.
- Describe the development and implementation of individualized curriculum for an infant or toddler.
- Describe infant/toddler Early Learning Guidelines and their connection to developmentally appropriate curricula for infants and toddlers.
- Describe strategies for engaging families in developing and implementing individualized curriculum for infants and toddlers.
- Describe how Individualized Family Service Plans can support individualized curriculum and inclusion of infants and toddlers with special needs.
- Identify resources for caregivers and families working with infants and toddlers
Infant/Toddler Curriculum and Individualization is one of three infant/toddler modules created to support consultants working in child care settings, especially consultants who have not had education or training specific to infants and toddlers in group care. These modules were designed to compliment training offered to early childhood consultants through the National Training Institute at the Department of Maternal and Child Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Read more about:
This paper provides a framework and practical suggestions for coordinating and educating child care consultants from multiple disciplines to improve consultants’ efficiency.
This tool kit offers resources, tools, and process suggestions to assist states and territories with strategic planning to support Family, Friend, and Neighbor quality child care for infants and todd…
This fact sheet provides an overview and describes the components and requirements of states’ infant/toddler credentials.