Expanding Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Supports and Services: A Planning Tool for States and Communities
Do policies in your state or community effectively support the mental health and development of all infants and toddlers?
Expanding IECMH Supports and Services: A Planning Tool for States and Communities provides a set of questions that can help to:
- inform and organize cross-system, multi-sector planning efforts;
- inventory existing resources, policies, and programs;
- identify gaps and missing linkages; and
- align policy with best practice.
This action-oriented tool guides you through data collection and analysis across six areas of consideration:
- Robust Access to a Continuum of Supports and Services (Promotion, Prevention, Diagnosis, and Treatment)
- Strong Workforce Capacity and Professional Development
- Embedding IECMH Across Child-Serving Systems
- Comprehensive System-Wide Planning and Infrastructure
- Properly Financed System
- Effective Messaging That Builds Public and Political Will
If you would like to consult with someone at ZERO TO THREE about using this tool in your state or community, please contact Lindsay Usry at email@example.com.
Join our Policy Network!
Be the first to hear from us about the latest news or newest resources like this one. When you sign-up, you’ll receive our bi-weekly e-newsletter, The Baby Monitor, as well as periodic action alerts and updates.
You might also be interested in
As states across the nation make difficult decisions about how to move forward, the outlook is grim. Without the federal aid mentioned above, the hits to state budgets will be severe and long lasting…
On September 28th, the House Democrats released an updated version of the Health and Economic Recovery Omnibus Emergency Solutions (HEROES) Act which includes many critical supports for families. The…
ZERO TO THREE congratulates the University of Texas at Austin on this week’s inaugural convening of the National Prenatal-to-3 (PN-3) Research to Policy Summit: Building a State Policy Roadmap to St…