Join thousands of colleagues from around the world this October.
Be connected, inspired, and prepared as we navigate change together.View Schedule & Register Today
Vol 40 No 2—This Issue and Why it Matters
Stefanie Powers, Editor
ZERO TO THREE’s Annual Conference was held October 2–4, 2019, in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. We were thrilled to welcome nearly 3,000 attendees who participated in 85 sessions and special events. ZERO TO THREE Members, who made up 25% of conference attendees, were able to participate in member-exclusive activities and networking oppor-tunities. This issue of the Journal brings you a taste of the conference offerings, with articles from selected presenters that include:
- The importance of achieving quality with equity in early childhood settings. In his powerful plenary presentation, Dr. Junlei Li argued for the need to move beyond normative assumptions about quality, traditionally reﬂected in what a program can or cannot afford, to the impact of quality relationships on children and families.
- How to identify and mitigate cultural bias when working with young children and families in health care settings. The authors describe a framework for self-awareness and strategies to increase cultural sensitivity with families and colleagues.
- The linkages between mindfulness practices, diversity-informed approaches, and reﬂective supervision and leadership, and how, together, these elements inform and strengthen services to children and families.
- How screen use can be a tool for learning when adults make it a shared and interactive experience for children. Emerging research helps clarify misconceptions and the important elements to consider when making media use decisions.
- New developments in State Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health (IECMH) policy related to states’ advancement of ﬁnancing for IECMH assessment, diagnosis, and treatment. The authors share the strategies and lessons learned for advocates interested in advancing IECMH policy.
To see and hear more from onsite at the Annual Conference, be sure to check out the online behind-the-scene interviews with conference speakers
We hope to see you at Annual Conference 2020 in Salt Lake City, Utah, October 7–9. Stay up to date on conference details at annualconference.zerotothree.org.
The views expressed in this material represent the opinions of the respective authors and are intended for education and training to help promote a high standard of care by professionals. Publication of this material does not constitute an endorsement by ZERO TO THREE of any view expressed herein, and ZERO TO THREE expressly disclaims any liability arising from any inaccuracy or misstatement, or from use of this material in contravention of rules, regulations, or licensing requirements.