Addressing Abuse and Neglect During COVID-19
Expert recommended resources for prenatal to age 5 professionals.
In this resource
- ACES Connection: 10 Ways to Avoid ACEs (During the Pandemic)
- Center on the Developing Child: Stress, Resilience, and the Role of Science: Responding to the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Child Trends: Resources for Supporting Children’s Emotional Well-being during the COVID-19 Pandemic; Ways to Promote Children’s Resilience to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Community Technical Assistance Center: TTAC Webinar: Supporting Families and Caregivers of Infants and Young Children Affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Council for Professional Recognition: Understanding and Supporting the Emotional Needs of Young Children During the Pandemic
- Health Center Resources Clearing House: Community Health Workers and COVID-19
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network: Supporting Children During Coronavirus (COVID19)
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network: Creating Trauma-Informed Systems
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network: Helping Children with Traumatic Separation or Traumatic Grief Related to COVID-19
- Sesame Street: Caring for Each Other
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Critical Updates on COVID-19
- HealthyChildren.org: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline: Call 1-800-4-1-CHILD (1-800-422-4453) then push 1 to talk. Hotline available 24/7.
- National Center for Missing & Exploited Children: Call 24-hour hotline at 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678).
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: Call 1-800-799-7233 or 1-800-787-3224 for TTY. Hotline available 24/7.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Call 24-hour lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) or 1-800-799 4889 for TTY.
- Stop It Now!: Call 1-888-PREVENT (1-888-773-8368). Helpline available Monday-Friday, 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm EST.
- The National Deaf Domestic Violence Hotline: Crisis line available 24/7 for the Deaf, Deaf-Blind, and Deaf-disabled. Call 1-855-812-1001.
Early Childhood Education
- Alliance for Early Success: Latest COVID-19 Answers by State
- American Federation of Teacher: AFT resources on the COVID-19 coronavirus
- ChildCareAware: What Childcare Providers Need to Know
- Head Start Early Childhood Learning & Knowledge Center: Coronavirus Prevention and Response
- National Association for the Education of Young Children: Coping with COVID-19
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association: Telepractice Resources During COVID-19
- American Occupational Therapist Association: Information Pertaining to Occupational Therapy in the Era of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Autism Speaks: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information and Resources
- Division for Early Childhood of the Council for Exceptional Children: Resources to Support EI/ECSE During the COVID-19 Outbreak; Resources to Support Transitions during the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Children’s Bureau: New Guidance on Caseworker Visits via Videoconferencing; COVID-19 Resources
- National Association of Counsel for Children: COVID-19 Resource Hub
- Child Trends: During the COVID-19 pandemic, telehealth can help connect home visiting services to families
- Healthy Families America: HFA and COVID-19
- Health Resources & Services Administration Maternal & Child Health: Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Maternal and Child Health Bureau Frequently Asked Questions
- Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters: Best Practice Guidance for Virtual Operations for Home Visiting to the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Nurse-Family Partnership: Nurse-Family Partnership and Telehealth
- Parents as Teachers: National Nonprofit Organization Turns to Telehealth to Help Mitigate Coronavirus Outbreak
- Office of Child Care: Tribal Home Visiting Guidance in Response to COVID-19
- Telehealth Service in Infant Mental Health Home Visiting
- American Psychological Association: Psychologists’ Advice for Newly Remote Workers
- Attachment & Biobehavioral Catch-up: ABC and COVID-19
- Early Childhood Mental Health Chronicles: Young Children and COVID-19 Series: Dr. Shandra Ghosh Ippen & Host Tena Sloan
- National Association of Social Workers: Telehealth; Coronavirus (COVID-19): 8 Ethical Considerations for Social Workers
Military/Veteran Families Supports
- Military One Source: Coronavirus Updates For Our Military Community; Navigating Relationship Safety During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Uniformed Services University Center for Traumatic Stress: COVID-19 Pandemic Response Resources