RSVP for the State of Babies Summit 2021
Get the data. Hear from experts. Join the conversation. Take action.
April 22, 2021 | 2pm ETCOUNT ME IN
Webinar: What’s in the American Rescue Plan Act for Infants, Toddlers, and their Families?
The federal American Rescue Plan Act provides critical and unprecedented opportunities for states to support infants and toddlers and their families.
In this resource
This webinar, hosted by the ZERO TO THREE Policy Center and Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP), explored opportunities to support babies and their families in the American Rescue Plan Act using the Building Strong Foundations Framework co-developed by the two organizations as a frame. Two panels were featured. The first gave a high-level overview of specific funding increases and policy options included in the Act. The second included state leaders who shared what they are most excited about in the Act and how their infant-toddler policy and advocacy priorities will advance equity.
Speakers and Panelists
Overview of Building Strong Foundations for Families Framework
- Jamie Colvard, Director of State Policy, ZERO TO THREE
Opportunities to Support Infants, Toddlers and their Families in the American Rescue Plan Act Panel:
- Christine Johnson-Staub, Senior Policy Analyst, CLASP
- Dr. Lee Johnson III, Senior Policy Analyst ZERO TO THREE
- Patty Cole, Senior Director of Federal Policy, ZERO TO THREE
- Ashley Burnside, Policy Analyst, CLASP
- Moderator: Tiffany Ferrette, Policy Analyst, CLASP
- Aisha Ellis, Program Manager of the Governor’s Children’s Cabinet, Minnesota Management and Budget Office, Office of Governor Tim Walz and Lieutenant Governor Peggy Flanagan
- Michele Rivest, Senior Campaign Director, Think Babies NC Alliance/NC Early Education Coalition
- Jacob Vigil, Research and Policy Analyst, New Mexico Voices for Children, New Mexico
- Becca Ullrich, Coordinator, Early Childhood Policy and Planning, Department of Education, Virginia