Grandparents are a cornerstone of child care for kids under five.
IN THIS RESOURCE
About Grand Connections
The Grand Connections workshop series provides a place for grandparent caregivers to:
- Connect with other grandparents who share their experiences
- Learn strategies to collaborate with their adult children
- Explore the latest guidance on child development: sleep, screen time, meals/nutrition, managing challenging behavior, and building learning into everyday moments.
The Grand Connections program includes:
- Seven 90-minute workshops, each with an hour for group discussion followed by a 30-minute read-aloud and project grandparents and grandchildren can enjoy together.
- Options for online or in-person delivery
- Options for grandparents providing part-time or custodial care
- A full set of detailed lesson plans for each workshop
- Handouts and PowerPoints in both English and Spanish
The program is free.
- See our Facilitator’s Guide to learn about program design and delivery
- Read our Program Evaluation Report
- Hear from grandparents who participated in the program
- Review a sample lesson:
- Watch a webinar introducing the program
Download Program Materials
To receive a link to a complete set of free program materials (facilitator’s guide, lesson plans, handouts, slides, and grandparent films), please complete the form below.