Professional Development and Workforce Innovations
Professional Development for individuals, organizations, and systems using a competency-based approach to build knowledge, skills, and abilities across all early childhood workforce sectors.
The Professional Development and Workforce Innovations (PDWI) Department at ZERO TO THREE is dedicated to developing pioneering products and services for the early childhood community. Each year, we provide customized, competency-based professional development and technical assistance to individuals, organizations, and agencies – more than 25,000 professionals each year, worldwide.
Learn with Expert Faculty
ZERO TO THREE expert faculty average more than 20 years of experience in educating professionals and in direct service across all early childhood disciplines. They combine best-in-class adult learning strategies and subject matter expertise to take an innovative approach that offers a global perspective while honoring your unique context.
Benefit from Our Cross-Disciplinary Approach
ZERO TO THREE’s programs support professionals working in diverse settings, including:
- Center- and family-based early childhood education
- Home visiting
- Infant and early childhood mental health
- Early intervention
- Parent education
- Foster care and the judicial system
- Libraries, museums, and other settings that promote positive experiences for young children and their families
Choose Your Learning Format
ZERO TO THREE’s professional development learning options include:
- Annual Conference Library
- Faculty Institutes
- Onsite training
- Online learning
- Virtual Events
- Training of trainers
- Trainer Certification
- Keynotes and presentations
- Technical assistance
- Customized solutions
ZERO TO THREE Learning Center
Explore the wide range of professional development options we offer to the early childhood workforce.
Our professional development advisors are available to provide additional information or to discuss our technical assistance services and customized professional development packages.
Whether you need a short-term, focused solution or a long-term, customized strategy, our professional development advisors are ready to help advance your goals.
ZERO TO THREE’s professional development programs align with related early childhood workforce criteria.
ZERO TO THREE learning experiences use a competency-based approach to build knowledge, skills, and abilities. All of our professional development is categorized by the ZERO TO THREE Competencies for Prenatal to Age 5 Professionals™ (P-5 Competencies). And our learning options designed specifically for early childhood education professionals are aligned with the ZERO TO THREE Critical Competencies for Infant-Toddler Educators™.
- ZERO TO THREE is proud to be listed as a Recognized Training Organization by the National Workforce Registry Alliance.
- ZERO TO THREE is proud to be a member of the National Task Force for Power to the Profession.
- ZERO TO THREE is accredited as an Authorized Provider of Continuing Education and Training by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Continuing Education Units are available for all ZERO TO THREE training programs.