Parents wonder how to raise children who will stand up against racism and injustice. We begin that conversation here.
- Who Am I? Sharing Picture Books that Nurture Positive Self-Identity and Using Stories to Nurture Identity
Picture books that celebrate diversity.
- Sharing Stories Across Cultures: Native American Authors
Help your child develop an understanding of Native American cultures and communities.
- Celebrating Differences: Antiracist Parenting Right from the Start
Five facts explain children’s understanding of differences.
- What is implicit bias and why does it matter to parents?
It’s our willingness to examine our biases that counts.
- Rethinking Columbus Day and Thanksgiving
Observing Holidays Through Truthful Lenses
- Embracing Diversity
Developing a Gender Identity
- Q and A: What do you say when your child points out differences like hair texture or skin color?
- Q and A: Why is colorblindness an idea whose time has come and gone?
- Q and A: How can parents choose Halloween costumes that are respectful of other cultures?
- Parenting for Social Justice: What You Can Do Starting from Birth
A place to begin for those who want to raise children in a more just and inclusive world.